Happy halloween! In a seasonally-appropriate move, our picture for this week’s charts is a throwback from a few years ago when CKUT staff dressed up as the witches and tried to magically conjure extra cash for our funding drive… speaking of which, it’s not too late to donate if you haven’t already done so. And also, get in the halloween spirit if that’s your jam!
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
Punks, take note! CKUT’s beloved late-night show The 27th Hour of Horror is going to be broadcasting live from Barfly on Monday November 6th. Those who know the show love it for a reason: it’s the best place on the dial to find deep cuts from the punk underground, no doubt. The hosts are also the ones who taught us all how to use our tape deck to add live distortion to the studio mic channels — basically, they’ve been pushing the boundaries for ages and have schooled me and many others in the art of making kickass radio. And now, after many years of jamming out in our basement studio, we’re thrilled to unleash the show upon the masses as it broadcasts live from one of our favourite dive bars in the city. Local bands Nuage Flou and Boar God will be performing live, and we’ll be airing the whole thing on ckut.ca from 11pm till midnight. Do not miss!
ckut top 30 – october 31, 2017
1. john carpenter – anthology: movie themes – sacred bones
2. blue hawaii – tenderness – arbutus CC *
3. pierre kwenders – makanda at the end of space, the beginning of time – bonsound CC *
4. godspeed you! black emperor – luciferian towers – constellation CC *
5. chad van gaalen – light information – flemish eye CC Continue reading