Whew, what a week — not only did we get resounding support in our existence referendum (85% yes vote, y’all) but we’re also wrapping up a kickass funding drive. Lots of CKUT love & good vibes floating around the station right now despite our collective exhaustion.
In non-CKUT news, some pals and I were lucky enough to catch the North American debut of Islam Chipsy + EEK (above) over the weekend and to call it mind-blowing is an understatement. Wow. Dunno when that crew will be back on this side of the pond but do yourself a favour and see them live if you get the chance.
ckut top 30 – november 1, 2016
1. a tribe called red – we are the halluci nation – radicalized records CC *
2. v/a – no. 2 – oh hi CC *
3. tanya tagaq – retribution – six shooter CC
4. duchess says – sciences nouvelles – bonsound CC *
5. weyes blood – front row seat to earth – mexican summer Continue reading
Hi friends – keeping this real short w/ just a top 30 this week as we are in the midst of our annual funding drive and also running a super big, super important existence referendum. Fun week! If you are a McGill student, please be sure to vote YES to keep CKUT alive – polling ends Wednesday at 5pm and we still need to reach quorum, so the time is now.
For those of you who aren’t McGill students but still <3 CKUT, consider supporting us through our funding drive! We have tons of amazing prizes to make it extra worthwhile for you. Come say hi at one of our events or donate online here. Never forget – CKUT loves you!
ckut top 30 – october 25, 2016
1. tanya tagaq – retribution – six shooter CC
2. ylangylang – life without structure – self-released CC *
3. strange froots – blossom this froot for thought – self-released/CJLO CC *
4. weyes blood – front row seat to earth – mexican summer
5. mars – mars archives volume two: 11,000 volts to tunnel – feeding tube Continue reading