I’m sending these charts out a day early because I will be out of the office tomorrow; I’ll be back on Wednesday though, so don’t hesitate to reach out later this week for any tracking inquiries. Also, as my stint wearing the CKUT music coordinator hat draws to a close, I’m excited to announce that starting in January 2018 I’ll be making the jump over to Constellation Records to head up their in-house PR and publicity efforts. If you want to stay in touch, I’ll be at email@example.com. Don’t be a stranger!
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
Ora Cogan has just released her new album Crickets & joins us fresh off the road to host the Montreal Sessions every Tuesday from 3-5pm in December. Her music inhabits a place between psych folk & dream pop, but her taste in music is as unpredictable as the winter sea! This session will feature live performances, interviews and an excursion through the archives of witch-house, post-punk, electronica, archaic folk and experimental music. Expect obscurities of all sorts!
ckut top 30 – november 27, 2017
1. blue hawaii – tenderness – arbutus CC *
2. esmerine – mechanics of domination – constellation CC *
3. cold specks – fool’s paradise – arts & crafts CC
4. brooklyn raga massive – terry riley in c – northern spy
5. sharon jones & the dap-kings – soul of a woman – daptone Continue reading