I’ve been under the weather for the past week and have consequently missed a string of really good shows here in Montreal: Colleen, Do Make Say Think, Circuit des Yeux, Aim Low, the list goes on and on… Instead, I have been opting for extra sleep, cold meds, and plenty of soup to try and kick this bug. Got any secret remedies that unfailingly bring you back to life when cold season hits? Send ‘em over.
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
Local duo Nyon is a force to be reckoned with: drawing equally from the realms of noise, drone, and free jazz, these expert sound-benders have carved out a truly unique space within Montreal’s experimental scene. Together J. Goddard & C. Scott bring their eclectic and often harsh sonic worlds to the masses every Wednesday in November for our If You Got Ears residency, and you’re cordially invited along for the ride. Stream it live from 12-2pm and gear up for some of the most out-there sounds on the dial.
ckut top 30 – november 14, 2017
1. mich cota – kija/care – egg paper factory CC *
2. chad van gaalen – light information – flemish eye CC
3. blue hawaii – tenderness – arbutus CC *
4. cold specks – fool’s paradise – arts & crafts CC
5. alvarius b – with a beaker on the burner and an otter in the oven – abduction Continue reading