We’re in the midst of an unseasonable heatwave in Montreal; it’s super bizarre having 30-degree temperatures outside while the leaves are starting the change colour and drop to the ground. Very disorienting… I probably shouldn’t complain because it’s made for some excellent park hangs and bike adventures over the past week, but truthfully I am getting a little impatient for sweater weather. C’mon autumn, you got this… right?
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
Our annual funding drive is just around the corner! Mark your calendars for October 19th – 29th and check out this sneak peek of our rad new merch and prizes in the meantime. We’ve also got plenty of events coming up over the next while, including this essential talk with Montreal hip hop legend Rickey D and a Venus Radio remote broadcast from beloved McGill PWYC food service Midnight Kitchen. Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for updates on where to find us around town over the next couple weeks… things are only gonna pick up as we approach funding drive, so it pays to keep yourself in the loop!
ckut top 30 – september 26, 2017
1. julia holter – in the same room – domino
2. sontag shogun – patterns for resonant space – youngbloods
3. pierre kwenders – makanda at the end of space, the beginning of time – bonsound CC *
4. naomi punk – yellow – captured tracks
5. zola jesus – okovi – sacred bones Continue reading