Goodbye & good riddance, 2016.
In all truth, this past year has been a tough one for a bunch of different reasons. Here’s hoping 2017 will be a little easier on us all.
These are our last charts for the year. The CKUT offices will be closed fromDecember 23rd until January 2nd, but our programming will continue on in its full awesomeness over the break with a couple very special holiday programs added to the mix. Hit up our website for details on our holiday programming schedule.
Happy holidays from all of us at CKUT.
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
We’re in the process of recapping our favourite albums from the past year on themusic blog. Check out this list of stellar jazz picks courtesy of John B, host of CKUT’s Jazz Amuck program, and keep an eye on the blog for more year-end posts this week.
ckut top 30 – december 20, 2016
1. sam shalabi & alan bishop – mother of all sinners: puppet on a string – unrock CC *
2. tasseomancy – do easy – hand drawn dracula CC
3. ylangylang – life without structure – self-released CC *
4. weyes blood – front row seat to earth – mexican summer
5. oren ambarchi – hubris – editions mego Continue reading