I hung out in Ottawa for the weekend with some old pals and dashed back to Montreal in time to catch Noveller on Sunday night — she’s great! Plus, it finally feels like spring here so there are good vibes all around. I dig it.
PS – Whitney at CJSW beat me to the punch to rave about the Liebezeit/Mertin collab album Aksak, but holy smokes does it ever rule.
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
We’re really psyched to be teaming up with TVM, McGill’s student-run TV station, to present a killer show this Thursday featuring the likes of Notta Comet, Girl Arm, Dories, and Magic Perm. CKUT and TVM have worked together to film videos for all of these rad local acts, and to celebrate we’re turning them loose in the beautiful Piccolo Rialto to play some celebratory end-of-semester jams. We’re keeping things good & cheap ($5 !!!) so if you’re in Montreal you have no excuse to skip out. Bring yr earplugs, and check the full details here.
ckut top 30 – april 14, 2015
1. a sacred cloud/anarchist mountains – split – howl!/jeunesse cosmique CC *
2. adam basanta – memory is the residue of thought – kohlenstoff CC *
3. cheap wig – magic idea – self-released CC *
4. suuns & jerusalem in my heart – s/t – secret city CC *
5. jack dejohnette – made in chicago – ecm Continue reading