Had a pretty nice weekend that included getting to hear great sets from some visiting musician-pals (hi there Forest Management & Fire Moss) and lots of general catching up and hanging out. I sadly missed our current chart-topper Matana Roberts play on Saturday night because I was battling the Death Cough, but I heard it was terrific. Don’t wimp out like me if she plays your town!
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
CKUT is proud to announce the launch of our residency at Montreal’s freshly-minted Maison Sociale every Thursday from 7-8pm. This place is part bar, part cafe, part hang-out zone and to top it all off they’ve got live DJs spinning tunes around the clock in specified timeslots, radio-style. Stop by on Thursday evenings to hear a different CKUT programmer behind the decks each week, soundtracking the start to your weekend — cuz Thursdays are the new Fridays, right? Right.
ckut top 30 – march 24, 2015
1. matana roberts – coin coin chaptet. 3: river run thee – constellation
2. nancy pants – total nancy pants – self-released CC *
3. a sacred cloud/anarchist mountains – split – howl!/jeunesse cosmique CC *
4. viet cong – s/t – flemish eye CC
5. BCH+C – live: taking a shot – small scale music CC * Continue reading