Feeling under the weather. Seeking book recommendations, movie tips, and soup recipes.
Stay warm & healthy friends
:::WHAT’S UP AT CKUT:::
You remember when we told you about The Montreal Sessions a couple weeks back, right? HERE’S a refresher in case you missed it… Anyway, a new month is upon us and we’ve got a different crew of kickass folks taking the reigns as our February Montreal Sessions curators. Meet Towanda:
Towanda is an all-lady three-piece that plays for keeps with their straight up minimalist punk. This freshly anointed Killer Haze Records band has been gigging since the fall of 2013 in central and Eastern Canada with their Negative Capabilities EP, and are coasting fresh on the release of last month’s Black Sheep EP. They’re an agro-femme engine fuelled by sludgy, melodic, fuzzed-out guitar riffs, rhythmic vocals, potent lyrics, thunderous drums and dirty distorted basslines. Once described as “Babes in Toyland meets Sacrilege” Towanda, is a very good kind of heavy.
Hear them let loose on CKUT every Tuesday from 3-5pm EST and get ready for an earful of raw feminism, DIY celebration, and plenty of good old rock & roll.
ckut top 30 – february 17, 2015
1. matana roberts – coin coin chpt. 3: river run thee – constellation
2. black givre – autorail – beaver club records CC *
3. xarah dion – le mal nécessaire – zodiaque musique CC *
4. last ex – s/t – constellation CC
5. v/a – the many moods of healing power records – healing power CC Continue reading