Everyone doing well? Good! We’ve got big decisions to make this Friday, plus a jazz festival to contend with, so unless you’re going out of town this weekend (which I am…), it’s time to get thinking about dem shows.
Thursday (ce soir)
His work reimagines the ways that technology, sound and musical instruments are experienced. The four works exhibited in Import / Export speak to our individual perception of sensory stimulation. Together, the works presented reveal the quantifiable aspects of emotional exchange and the commodification of human-machine interaction.
That opens tonight at 6pm
This is a tricky one folks. It just so happens that there are 5 (!) potential choices you could make this night, so I’ll try and help guide you with a list of criteria.
- You feeling like some tunes from two of the strongest Swedish singer-songwriters working, both with new albums under their respective belts? Go to Jens Lekman and Taken by Trees at La National
- Transcendental RnB and psych pop more your speed? Try How To Dress Well, D’eon and Technical Kidman at Club Lambi.
- Plucked nylon strings and an evening with Sun Kil Moon chieftain Mark Kozelek sound appetizing? Check him out at Il Motore
- A night of CKUT affiliated music with Montréal organizers and activists HOWL! sound like your thing? Go to Sala Rossa!
- DJ Shadow will be spinning a bass-filled set at SAT if you need to get your fix
Sounds good to me. Enjoy the holidays and upcoming week!